A picture window is a large window that does not open up. It offers a clear and unobstructed view of the outside environment. It is basically framework for whatever view is on display. It does not matter if it is a river, the ocean, a forest or mountains. A picture window makes outside beauty a focal point for any room.
Picture Window Options
When it comes to installing picture windows, homeowners have plenty of options. For an older home, picture window replacement can add modern style to a room by replacing an outdated window. Sometimes homeowners like to put other types of windows on either side of a picture window so that air still comes into the home.
When choosing the right picture window, remember to account for the style and size of your home. There are plenty of choices in terms of materials, designs and colors. Glass is available in different tints such as green, blue, grey and even bronze. It is also available in tempered or privacy glass.
There are also choices when it comes to the framing. Select interior and exterior trims from a variety of colors and widths. Customize your choices. Match the picture window frame to the view that is on display.
Advantages of Buying Picture Windows
There are advantages of purchasing picture windows, and the following are just a few:
- They provide natural beauty. Get a clear view of the beauty that is outside. Frame your favorite view. Make it seem like a part of the room.
- They are normally cheaper to maintain than standard windows. This is because they don't have moving parts that break and need replacing. Considering that older homes have older windows, many of these parts may be hard to find anyway. This would make picture window replacement a total nightmare.
- They can help with insulation and weatherproofing. These windows are very energy efficient. They provide more heat during the wintertime by bring in more sunshine. This is an additional source of heating that is free. In addition, picture windows are fixed. This means that heat does not escape. Also, cold air cannot come inside.
- They provide natural lighting. Picture windows are made with a lot of glass, which means that loads of sunshine comes into your home. Artificial lighting isn't needed as much during the daytime. Use overhead lighting and lamps during the night time hours only.
- They keep out allergens. They may bring in sunlight, but they also keep out allergens. This is a good window choice for anyone who needs to keep out bad air due to allergies.
Great Locations for Picture Windows
Picture windows can be installed in many different rooms throughout the home. They are often installed in homes that have high ceilings. A picture window that is installed on a tall wall can provide a perfect view of the sky and sun during the day. It can also provide a magnificent view of the moon and stars at night. Picture windows add beauty to the walls with high up spaces. Normally, these walls would be no more than just empty spaces.
However, the best place for a picture window is in a spot with a great view. It can be wherever the home has a view that the homeowner wants to see every day. Imagine waking up to ocean waves every morning. This is possible if your beachfront property has a bedroom with a picture window.
A picture window can also display the simple beauty of a home. Put a picture window in a family room that overlooks the backyard. It will make the whole family feel as if they are one with nature.
All in all, picture windows are a sound investment. They are a great way to add natural beauty to your home. Not only are they beautiful, but picture windows are also energy efficient and affordable. Add sunshine and beauty to your home with picture windows.